Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Heat Source

Well when we moved into our place the one thing that made me almost not buy it was because there was no wood stove. We had this propane fire in the living room that I hated.  Not only that the tank was right out the picture window.  Yeah that goes with an old house. If the tank blows up the house will be gone. Just great. So we went through the first winter as cold as it was last year and paid for oil. It was my first winter with oil and I will say it puts of a nice heat. However not the nicest on the check book. So here we are again looking for a good way to heat this place. There is nothing better than sitting my a hot fire on a cold day. I love to cuddle up with a book and watch the snow come down. I have looked at all kinds of fires and hopefully we will have one next week. I hope. It always takes us forever to work out what we want. I want something that if the power goes out we can heat the house and cook a dinner on top. Maybe warm some bread. I would love one to cook in but not at this time.
I hope you are all warm this winter and it is not costing you an arm or leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment