Saturday, December 10, 2011

Eat what grows on a plant not what is made in a plant

So I was watching TV the other day and I don't remember what program it was, but they said "eat what grows on a plant and not what is made in a plant". Now it was over a week ago I heard this and it keeps coming back to the front of my mind. It is so true and we have got so far away from it. Now there is still some things I'm learning to make at home but next time you go to the store........think about it. Buy fresh veggie's, eggs, butter.  Try just one day a week to make something at home. You will start to feel better, start to enjoy working in the kitchen (I know some don't) and look at the little faces once you put some great food on the table. All that processed food is made in a plant, stuff is added and you don't really know what it all is. I'm about to start reviews on some of this food. However it is interesting that you don't find too much about some of it online. Like how long does it really take an egg to make it to the store. Are they really fresh?.......Why is cheese orange/yellow and just plain white in some countries? Why does grated cheese not stick together? Why have we made it so hard to think about making our own breadcrumbs and believe the store ones are better? What is in marg and why are we eating it? As Mothers it is hard we work all the time and come home tired, school work to get done and the last thing we want to do it cook. I get it but together we can make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment