Thursday, December 15, 2011

Paper vs Cloth

Was reading a friends FB page and saw them talking about paper vs cloth. What do you use?  Paper towels, paper napkins, paper plates or cloth for some or all.  Me, I try to use cloth as much as possible. I don't have paper napkins, I use cloth and then just throw them in the wash with towels etc. No big deal at all. If they get old get new ones or use a piece of fabric and make some.  It is funny as I have kids come and don't even know what cloth ones are. Oh how times have changed.... I do have paper towels but don't use them much as I use rags. I don't buy paper plates but maybe once a year. I have been looking for some great plates I can use for the kids birthday parties that a can wash and reuse. Some make these changes to save money, help the environment or me, I made the change when I went Trash Free and to help the environment. Well maybe all three. I love not spending money and still cutting back on my recycling and upcycle where possible.  My next thing is to be plastic free. Not sure if it is possible. I will keep you posted.

Night.

1 comment:

  1. I do not use the paper napkins anymore. I have also quit buying paper towels since I started staying home with "the man." I just cut up old clothing and use them as rags. When my "dirty rag bin" gets full I throw them in the wash.

    ReplyDelete