Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Garden Fresh


What a great morning. I woke up to a thunder storm and I always love how fresh everything is after a good rain.  The veggie garden is loving the rain we have had the last few days, it was looking like I was going to have to give it a good water the other day.  Everything is slowing getting ready and I have been making fresh salsa everyday. Yesterday I found two more zuchinni, so last night I was looking for more ways to cook it up. I have never had butternut squash in the garden and this year it looks like, I will have more than enough to eat all winter. I think today I will make some butternut squash soup. It is nice to be able to know where most of my food is coming from. If didn't grow any veggie's this year or think you can't. Try next year. I have some great ideas for city kids and will post pictures early spring. When I lived in the city I never thought about having a community garden in our apartment complex. Now I think it is a great idea that everyone should try and start.  

No comments:

Post a Comment