Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chicken Dinner for under $10.00

Well last night I posted on my Facebook page that I made dinner for a family of 4 and it only costing me $7.00. Everyone was interested. So tonight dinner was Baked breaded chicken strips, potato skins and a great salad. The salad was huge and only costs $1.50.  The total cost was $9.00 for four of us. It took about 15 minutes to get cooking and then cooked for about 30 minutes.  Not to bad I say.

The salad: cut up half a lettuce, on top cut tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion and avocado. My four year old made the honey mustard dressing. All was great.

Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. Ok so how did you do the potatoes? Fried or baked? I'm thinking rosie might even eat that meal!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, I took five potatoes, peeled them as my kids don't like the skins. Cut them long ways and thin. Placed them on a baking sheet, with a little oil olive, sea salt and pepper. I'm sure I also sprinkled a little greek rub (pampered chef). Baked for 20 minutes at 375 and then finished them off under the broil.
    Hope you try it.

    ReplyDelete